Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom

Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom
It's MY birthday!!! I'm IT!!!!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Meme's stuff

I just read Shaelyn's post and her follow-up comment. Yep. That's the essense isn't it. I was driving up to Salt Lake City today - having a nice enough ride. Rocking to the choir as usual. Then, out of the blue, I deeply missed McKenzie. I cried. I couldn't touch the depth of my sorrow. I just miss her. I miss our future with her. I am trying to put my best Christian foot forward. That has saved me I'm sure. BUT, I haven't forgiven. AND, I so believe that there is someone responsible for this and that one's actions have consequences. In this case, I believe the babysitter's actions should have legal consequences, as well as other natural consequences. I was thinking about that on my ride. I so hope, and pray, that no other family has to go through what our family is going through because of this person. I believe she is evil. That's just MY belief. I'm entitled. We WILL go forward as a family. We WILL love each other through this. We WILL fight for justice. We WANT to be patient. We WANT to believe that the county attorney's office is on it. They SAY they are. I know it takes time. BUT.

2 comments:

Laci said...

a few months back i was living at my mom's house in collbran and was commuting back and forth from there to grand junction for work. on the last 11 miles to collbran is one of the only places my phone gets service and i usually made "catch up calls" to keep in touch with loved ones in that perfect 10 minute stretch. i was really missing faith and shae on my way home one particular evening and decided to touch base. once i had talked with faith for a few minutes shae and i talked for some time. as i neared home, i had to be short with shae and hang up because of the loss of signal. as i ended my call a great feeling of grief washed over me. i was sad to hang up with shae, but the deeper emotion resulted from how much shae had made me miss kenzie. not by a single action of her own either. just by being kenzie's big sister, the best big sister kenzie could ever have asked for. i find myself missing her in some of the happiest moments in my life. and that is because she is one of the happiest moments of my life, and even something as small as talking with her big sister shae makes me re-live that joyius feeling. and the void i now, and will forever have.

Pamela's Genealogy Addiction said...

Oh Laci. That's perfect. Thanks for that. You are a PERFECT example of why Faith considers you family.