Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom

Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom
It's MY birthday!!! I'm IT!!!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shaelyn is amazing

My daughter is amazing. Yesterday Shaelyn busted her knee hardcore. She was headed down to city market with her best friend and her best friends older sister. Shaelyn was speeding down the hillside and went to turn and crashed hard. She had a cellphone, but instead of calling to ask me to pick her up.... she got up and made her trip to City Market.

I guess this means so much to me because I realized how much Shaelyn has grown in this terrible time. She is living for every moment to the fullest. And that poor kid, I am so protective. Shaelyn understands though, she is angry at that person that took her sisters life. She has a better understanding of everything because she was there. I just am so impressed with her and the strength she has shown through all of this. She still plays with her sister, but in her own way. One way is: She will go out to the trailer where Mckenzies things are and grab some things. She will play with them, talking to her sister in the sky. When she is done, she puts them back and closes the trailer. Its her time with Mckenzie. She wants to honor her and keep her alive in her own way. It is pretty amazing.

I am grateful she is still alive. From what she has said her life has been put in danger with medication that she did not require. How could anyone do that to those girls that clammed to love them I will never understand. The girls used to complain about going over there because "Aunt ****" was mean to them. I thought that she was just strict. I think back now and I realize that every time they were there, it took a day for the girls to be themselves when they came home. Thank god for Laci, or I would of never put two and two together and **** would of had access to Shaelyn for weeks after. I really thought she would never abuse or hurt the girls. How wrong was I, no she didn't slap my kids or beat them, she made them sick so she could be the "mommy".

Anyway, my sweet Shaelyn has taught me so much in this journey. Not to give up is something both my kids are counting on. To remember that just because Mckenzie was stolen from us, it is only in body form..... as the play kitchen set is going off outside with no one out there yep that's my zee.............. That there is justice and it is in a 10 year olds voice, it with perfect strangers reaching out that have children and it is there biggest fear too, and it is in my fight for my daughter who didn't deserve to die. I love my children and I won't stop until the women that caused them so much harm is in prison.

1 comment:

Pamela's Genealogy Addiction said...

yep. Shae rocks!!! AND BOTH of your daughters are counting on you Faith. Don't forget that.