Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom

Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom
It's MY birthday!!! I'm IT!!!!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Meme's stuff

I had such a good talk with Liz/Victim Advocate today. Even working in the "business", as a secondary victim, I forget that Liz is busy. I am VERY good at being ok with the fact that I am Faith's mom, and that's my FIRST job!!! Liz was great. She informed me about what she could. Sometimes, even when there's "nothing happening", something's happening because we are being told SOMETHING - even if it's "nothing's happening". Just having an opportunity to talk to Liz and VENT was something. Thank you Liz. Being reminded that my feelings and reactions are understandable means a great deal. Validation is critical when there's so MUCH grief and pain.

No comments: