Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom

Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom
It's MY birthday!!! I'm IT!!!!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Meme's stuff

Classic "blame the victim". I'm not surprised. Several people have called and/or written Mr. Beeson's office. Thank you all for that. Now, more and more, Faith is being treated "cooly". So this morning I advised her to retain an attorney. I was at the annual UT Crime Victim Conference last week and attended a session on the media and crime. The fellow presenting stated that advocates should advise clients to obtain an attorney when dealing with the media. Well, this Mom has advised her daughter that when dealing with a district attorney's office that is giving her the message that they "can't proceed forward until AFTER they interview" Faith to get an attorney. That way her rights as a victim will be protected and her anxiety as a Mom who simply wants justice for her dead daughter will hopefully be reduced. Sad state this case is in, when SO much is on Faith and NONE is on "THE BABYSITTER" which, for some reason WAY beyond me, we "shouldn't" mention by name. Whatever. I just find it SO interesting that as more pressure is on the district attorney's office, more pressure is being put on Faith by that office, instead of where it SHOULD be put on. We aren't backing off people. ONE person is responsible for McKenzie's death. ONE PERSON. I think about what all crime victim advocates know: that is cases, such as rape, blaming the victim is so classic; when in fact perpetrators LOOK for vulnerable victims. Daaaa!!! What an enlightened age we live in. So I say put MORE pressure on getting to the bottom of this case. Not less. Yes, it costs Faith EVEN more to protect her rights, but so be it. It will take what it will take and we are READY TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES.

No comments: