Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom

Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom
It's MY birthday!!! I'm IT!!!!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Meme's stuff

I was listening to the news this evening. Two little girls died a couple months ago in the Salt Lake City area. It was tragic. An exterminator had spread poison outside of their home and it had seeped into the ground and somehow got into the girls' systems and killed them both. Autopsy back already. TV news had been ON it since it happened. DA was interviewed this evening to explain why no decisions have been made yet regarding charges. I guess TV coverage makes a difference. We were told we would be notified EACH week - EVEN if NOTHING was happening. We haven't. We were told they were going to reinvestigate - no word yet. We were told it shouldn't take more than about 4 weeks to make a decision regarding charges - its been over that. What the hell is going on here? I KNOW people are busy. I also know that Faith and family have had to painfully wait for these things to happen. I was giving a presentation to a bunch of victim advocates today - part of my job believe it or not - and I used this as an example of what NOT to do. Basically, I told the advocates NOT to make promises they can't keep. And even if they mess up - which they WILL do - to CALL the victim and "confess their sins" and get back on track. I reminded them that, for my daughter, what may SEEM like a minor detail - like a simple phone call - is HUGE when you are in that space that Faith is in. So, I WANT to give Mr. DA what time and consideration he needs to do his job - of getting to CHARGES; but, I am getting discouraged with the LACK of movement on this case and the aweful emotional and psychological consequences to my family.

No comments: