Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom

Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom
It's MY birthday!!! I'm IT!!!!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Colorado Manslaughter definition

Murder, Manslaughter, and Criminally Negligent Homicide
Manslaughter (18-3-104)

1.A person commits the crime of manslaughter if:
(a) Such person recklessly causes the death of another person; or
(b) Such person intentionally causes or aids another person to commit suicide.
(c) (Deleted by amendment, L. 96, p. 1844, § 13, effective July 1, 1996.)

2.Manslaughter is a class 4 felony.

Simple enough as far as I can tell. You give a six year old child five or six doses of Albuterol in doses meant for an adult that causes, according to the autopsy report, death of that child = manslaughter.

2 comments:

Cptnmom said...

I used to be a care provider for Shae and Mckenzie, and I have a son (5) of my own. I had to give both Girls and my son some medication at times during thier stay with me. However I always made sure that none of the children ever got more than they should have, I was very careful and sometimes wouldn't make them even finish all of it just in case (some people have a lower tolerance than others). I could not imagine ever giving more than the prescribed dose of anything to an adult, much less a child. How could any one give her that much of a medication that can cause death? I myself use an Albuterol inhaler, and if I take one too many puffs from it my mouth hurts, and my lungs hurt. Now giving one of my doses to that little girl much less five or six, uh no that should have never happened. I will do anything to help out this cause for Mckenzie.

Pamela's Genealogy Addiction said...

Thank you for sharing that Nicole. Medication is always tricky. But there's just NO excuse for what this babysitter did. The thing that gives me nightmares is picturing what Mckenzie must have gone through as her body was reacting to all these ADULT treatments, which is about FIVE times more than a child one in measure. My heart breaks and breaks. There's nothing we can do to take back the past and change it. Point is, there's nothing the "babysitter" can do either. But she CAN experience the consequences for it and WE can express to the prosecuting attorney that it's important to follow that route to it's conclusion. AND we can move on keeping Mckenzie and the lessons learned here near and dear. Your sharing is JUST what I am hoping for with this blog. Thank you again.