Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom

Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom
It's MY birthday!!! I'm IT!!!!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Meme's stuff

Faith, Shaelyn and Cameron are down here in the southwest part of Utah visiting me and camping in the desert. At first Faith was wired for sound. She just wanted to be where it did NOT look like Colorado. She wanted something different. She wanted a break from the ever-reminder of loss. The first night I treated the adults to a motel room and myself to Shaelyn's company. This afternoon I visited them at their campsite, which is tucked away up against a mountain of beautiful rocks across the border in Arizona. They were happy, content, calm. It was beautiful. We are all so aware that camping was one of Mckenzie's favorite things to do. This is the first trip without her. It needed to be a beginning of building something and I believe it has been. It was SO great to see some peace on Faith's face. I hope this gives her some added strength to go back to Colorado and face life, once again, on life's terms. I have LOVED having them down here. I am grateful I can share in that.

No comments: