Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom

Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom
It's MY birthday!!! I'm IT!!!!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Meme's stuff

As I was driving back from Faith's last Sunday, I was (as usual) rocking to the choir (listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir). As I was feeling so heavy about what McKenzie's death has taken from us all, I concentrated more on the words of the song, trying to gain strength, understanding and acceptance. So many of these songs I've sung in church over the years. One struck me as so right on - to the point that I want to share it with you here. The hymn is "Lead, Kindly Light":

Lead, kindly Light, amid th'encircling gloom;
Lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home'
Lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do no ask to see
The distant scene - one step enough for me.

I was not ever thus, nor pray'd that Thou
Shouldst lead me on.
I loved to choose and see my path; but, now,
Lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears;
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years.

So long Thy pow'r hath blest me, sure it still
Will lead me on
O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
The night is gone.
And with the morn those angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile!

How beautiful and appropriate for me. And how lost I would be without my faith (and my Faith!). So I continue on each day. The better days are when I remember to be lead by my Father in Heaven, putting myself in His hands and trusting His grace AND doing MY part, the best I can. I'm sure that as I travel back home tomorrow I will again be rocking to the choir and I will again remember.

1 comment:

amyk said...

He will guide you and help you! I'll continue to pray for your peace and comfort. Words are so incredibly inadequate! I wish there was more I could do!!! ((((HUGS))))