Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom

Mckenzie with "My Sister" and Mom
It's MY birthday!!! I'm IT!!!!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

News Update

I talked with Liz today - the victim advocate. She's great. It again reminded me that the bottom line in my NOT loosing my mind in the system of "justice" is knowing that SOMETHING is happening - SOMEONE is trying to do the right thing. The DA's office IS going through everything - VERY carefully. They will be double-checking everything they can. I so appreciate that "they" are committed to spending the time, energy and money on McKenzie's case. After all, it IS her case. It's not just any case - it's the evaluation about what happended to McKenzie and hopefully bringing to task THE person responsible to her horrible last day here on earth. This afternoon I was speaking to a group of victim advocates here in Utah about sexual assault of the elderly. I was reminded again and again about the critical role advocates can have in victims being empowered. Thank you Liz. You have done what you said you would do. Your email and phone call helps me to stay stronger and hopeful.

1 comment:

amyk said...

I am so sorry that you are in a position where you are now the victim in need of an advocate. :( I am so thankful that you have a very good advocate helping you and your family through all of this.